Full Name Philip Anthony Hopkins
Nicknames Tony, Sir Philip
Birth Date December 31, 1937
Birth Place West Glamorgan, Wales, UK
Anthony Hopkins Biography
Sir Philip Anthony Hopkins, a Welsh actor of film, stage, and television got his break as Richard the Lionheart in the film The Lion in Winter in 1968. He is regarded as one of the greatest living actors. He won the Academy Award for Best Actor for The Silence of the Lambs.
Birth Sign Capricorn
Occupation Actor and Composer
Debut The Lion In Winter in 1968
Relationship Status Married
Net worth 2017 $160 Million
Body Measurement & Physical Stats
Height 5 ft 8½in or 174 cm
Eye Color Blue
Hair Color Salt and Pepper
Father Richard Arthur Hopkins
Mother Muriel Anne Hopkins
Wife Stella Arroyave
Daughter Abigail Hopkins
He attended Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama in Cardiff and graduated in 1957. Thereafter, he enrolled at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London. That was where Laurence Olivier spotted him and later invited him to join the Royal National Theatre.
1. He improvised various lines and actions while playing the role of Hannibal Lector in “The Silence of the Lambs” and to make the character creepier, he didn’t blink while delivering his lines.
2. He was alcoholic for several years but he finally moved away from the addiction in 1975.
3. He was born in Wales but he became a U.S. citizen in 2000.
4. During the making of “The Edge”, he fell into a river and acquired hypothermia which nearly killed him.
5. He suffers from dyslexia.
6. He reads each and every script at least 250 times before getting on camera.
7. He was considered for the role of Mr. Freeze in the film “Batman & Robin” but did not get it as
the director wanted someone with a bigger build.
8. He is fond of horror movies and “Rosemary’s Baby” is his favorite.
9. Before acting, he desired to become a famous concert pianist.