Nintendo Switch is designed to fit your life, transforming from home console to portable system in a snap. So you get more time to play the games you love, however you like.
New surprises within the technical details.
Nintendo Life revealed the entire technical details of the upcoming handheld-desktop console hybrid. These are the following:
- Size: 102mm x 239mm x 13.9mm (with Joy-Con attached) – 28.4mm at the thickest, from the tips of the analogue sticks to the ZL/ZR Button protrusions.
- Weight: Approx. 297g (With Joy-Con controllers attached: 398g)
- Screen: Capacitive touch screen / 6.2 inch LCD / 1280×720 resolution
- CPU/GPU: NVIDIA customised Tegra processor
- System memory: 32 GB a portion of internal memory is reserved for use by the system. (expandable memory support up to 2TB)
- Communication features: Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac compliant) / Bluetooth 4.1 (TV mode only. A wired LAN connection is possible through the use of a commercially available wired LAN adapter.)
- Video output: Maximum resolution: 1920×1080, 60 fps – output via HDMI cable in TV mode. In tabletop mode and handheld mode, the maximum resolution is 1280×720, which matches the screen resolution.
- Audio output: Supports linear PCM 5.1ch – output via HDMI cable in TV mode.
- Speakers: Stereo
- USB terminal: USB Type-C terminal – used for charging or for connecting to the Nintendo Switch dock.
Headphone mic. jack: Stereo output
- Game card slot: Exclusively for Nintendo Switch game cards.
- microSD card slot: Compatible with microSD, microSDHC and microSDXC memory cards – an update via an internet connection is required to use microSDXC memory cards.
- Sensors: Accelerometer/gyroscope/brightness sensor
- Operating environment: Temperature: 5 – 35°C / Humidity: 20 – 80%
- Internal battery: Lithium ion battery / battery capacity 4310mAh – if the battery needs to be replaced, Nintendo plans to offer paid replacement via Nintendo Customer Support.
- Battery life: More than six hours, but will vary depending on the software and usage conditions. For example, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild can be played for roughly three hours on a single charge.
- Charging time: 3 hours approx (while the console is in sleep mode.)
However, the Switch, which will launch on March 3, will require a wired LAN accessory, as it will not have an Ethernet port. That’s a shame.